MIAMI -- The University of Miami reacted swiftly Tuesday after sexual battery charges were brought against two of its football

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 11.10.2019 10:07

MIAMI -- The University of Miami reacted swiftly Tuesday after sexual battery charges were brought against two of its football players, immediately dismissing both from the Hurricanes team and suspending them as students. Allen Crabbe Hawks Jersey . JaWand Blue and Alexander Figueroa, both 20-year-old sophomore linebackers, are accused of getting a 17-year-old girl drunk the night of July 5 and then repeatedly raping her at an on-campus residential hall. Each is charged with sexual battery on a physically helpless victim, and Figueroa is also charged with possessing a stolen or forged drivers license. Court records did not list an attorney for either man. But University President Donna Shalala and Blake James, the schools athletic director, each issued statements condemning sexual assault. Shalala said she had spoken with the victim, a Miami student who was not identified. "We have zero tolerance for sexual assault and gender-based violence," Shalala said. "There is no confusion about our responsibility as a university: we will fully and compassionately support the victim of sexual assault." The statement from James said: "Any allegation of sexual assault is extremely serious, and the university will not tolerate conduct that threatens the sanctity and safety of our students and our campus." Tuesdays strong reaction by University of Miami officials comes as the U.S. Education Department conducts a civil rights probe into whether Florida State adequately investigated sexual assault allegations last year against one of its football players, quarterback Jameis Winston. The Florida State investigation resulted in no criminal charges against Winston, who won the Heisman Trophy while leading the Seminoles to the national championship. Blue and Figueroa were jailed in lieu of $10,000 bail each and, if released, they will be banned from the Miami campus. The Coral Gables police report said the victim first reported the assault to university police, which turned to the Coral Gables department to investigate. The two turned themselves in Tuesday and admitted "buying and administering several alcohol beverages" for the victim and then performing sex acts without her consent, the police report says. Blue, a native of Boca Raton, registered one tackle in the two games in which he played last year. Figueroa, from Stafford, Va., was listed as a possible starter on the Hurricanes depth chart and made 17 tackles in nine games last year. Dominique Wilkins Hawks Jersey . On Tuesday, the star questioned whether that was still the case. Speaking to reporters at a charity event, Johnson said: "I just kind of wonder sometimes: Is this still the place for me?" Johnsons comments came after he was asked why he recently skipped a voluntary minicamp. Damian Jones Hawks Jersey . -- Ricky Romeros comeback bid hit another road bump Tuesday in an ugly 18-4 Jays loss to a Detroit Tigers split squad. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Cam-Reddish-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- Jerry Rice Jr.BOSTON -- San Antonio came into Boston missing three key players. Fortunately for the Spurs, Tim Duncan wasnt among them. Duncan scored 23 of his 25 points in the second half, powering the injury-depleted Spurs to a 104-92 win over the Celtics on Wednesday night. "More than anything, Tim led the way for us as he has for 16 or 17 years," coach Gregg Popovich said about his team pulling away in the final quarter. Marco Belinelli added 16 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists for the Spurs, who were without guards Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili and forward Tiago Splitter -- all sidelined with injuries. Coming off a first half when he went 1 for 4 from the floor, Duncan scored 11 points on 4-of-9 shooting in the third to help San Antonio open a 71-66 lead after three. "I started out the second half the exact same way and finally got some to fall," he said. "They kept coming to me and I just put it in the hole. There wasnt anything I changed, anything I saw." Boris Diaw added 18 points and Duncan grabbed nine rebounds to lead the Spurs to their fifth win in seven games. "Hes had that same demeanour since Day 1 when he arrived," Popovich said of Duncan. "He doesnt get excited about wins. He doesnt get down about losses. He just loves to compete and he keeps a real steady attitude, which everybody kind of feeds off in a way." First-year Boston coach Brad Stevens thought Duncan decided to take command more after halftime. "He changed," Stevens said. "I mean, he went back to being really aggressive on the blocks. I thought in the first half we did a really good job on a couple of catches that he did have down on the block, but he kind of put (them) on his shoulders. He wasnt going to be denied -- and we dont have great matchups for him. Theres not many great matchups for him in the NBA or in the world." Rajon Rondo led Boston with 16 points and Kris Humphries and rookie Kelly Olynyk had 15 apiece. The Celtics fell to 4-18 against Western Conference teams. Duncan scored 12 points and was 5 of 6 from the floor in the fourth. "He is arguably oone of the best power forwards of all time, and hes doing it at 38," Humphries said. Evan Turner Jersey. Boston was minus guard Avery Bradley, who was sidelined with a sprained right ankle. After the Celtics scored the first points of the fourth quarter on a jumper by Humphries, San Antonio went on a 12-4 run. The Spurs went 6 of 8 to start the period, keyed by Danny Greens 3 from the left corner that made it 79-70 with just under 10 minutes to play. After a foul-line jumper by Humphries, Duncan had consecutive baskets, the second a jumper that pushed the Spurs lead to 85-74 with 8:06 left. San Antonio broke it open with a 11-0 run midway into the quarter that was capped by Belinellis 3-pointer with 4 minutes left. The Spurs used a 9-2 run late in the third and opened their five-point lead heading into the fourth. Duncan didnt score his first points until a basket late in the first half. The Celtics went on a 12-0 run, bridging the end of the first quarter and the start of the second to pull to their first lead of the game, 26-25, on Phil Presseys 3-pointer. San Antonio led 48-44 at halftime. NOTES: Stevens said Bradley re-sprained the ankle that cost him five games at the end of January. Stevens said he could be out after the All-Star break. ... Before the game, Stevens praised the Spurs ability to overcome the loss of players due to injuries. "I think some of the most inspiring basketball Ive ever watched is when they dont have all their players," he said. ... The Spurs played their sixth game of a nine-game road trip that will carry over the break with the final three. Boston opens the post-break schedule with a four-game trip, starting against Phoenix next Wednesday. ... Hall of Famer Bill Russell turned 80 Wednesday. ... San Antonio beat Boston at home on Nov. 20, 104-93 in the only other meeting this season. ... Ginobili has a tight left hamstring and missed his eighth straight. Splitter was out for his third consecutive because of a bruised right shin and Parker was sidelined with lower back tightness. ... Stevens said Boston F Jared Sullinger played just 18 1/2 minutes because he was "sick." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Rougned Odor and the Texas Rangers took full advantage of an unprecedented bad night by Baltimore shortstop
Six group games wasnt enough to decide Group B at the Grand Slam with Robert Thornton and Dimitri Van den Bergh needing a nine-

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz